This free-to-enter competition aims to encourage photographers of all ages and is being staged to mark Remembrance Day 2020.
We’re asking for entries on any of the themes in the story of ‘Songster – Loughborough’s Own War Horse.’
These include (amongst others)
The theme of remembrance could also be used.
Entries DO NOT have to be about Songster, but should be about individual responses to the themes in his story.
Applications are invited in the following categories:
- Junior category: under 14 years of age
- Young adult category: 14-18 years of age
- Adult category: 18 years and over
Applicants’ ages are as at 13th November 2020.
Winners in each category will receive a small package of prizes, including a copy of ‘Songster – Loughborough’s Own War Horse.’
The competition will be judged by Mary Baird of Loughborough Carillon Tower and War Memorial Museum, the project manager behind the story of ‘Songster – Loughborough’s Own War Horse.’
Rules of entry:
All entries should be:
- the entrant’s own original photograph
- only one photograph per entrant
They shouldn’t have been previously published or broadcast in any form, including online.
Entries which don’t comply with these conditions will be disqualified.
Closing date for entry is midnight on Friday 13th November 2020.
Entries should be submitted by email as a .jpg file to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should include the following information:
- The name of the entrant
- The title of the photograph
- The category it’s being entered for – Junior, Young Adult or Adult (please indicate the entrant’s age if under 18.)
- A contact name, email and telephone number of the entrant (or an adult with parental responsibility if the writer is under 18). If the entry is through a school, please also give the school’s details.
Get out your camera/phone and good luck!