This free-to-enter competition aims to encourage artists of all ages and is being staged to mark Remembrance Day 2020.
We’re asking for artwork on any of the themes in the story of ‘Songster – Loughborough’s Own War Horse.’
These include (amongst others)
The theme of remembrance could also be used.
Entries DO NOT have to be about Songster, but should be about individual responses to the themes in his story.
The art work can be done in any medium and can even be mixed media
Painting Drawing Coloured pencils Collage Ink
Felt pens Printing small sculpture anything else you can think of
Applications are invited in the following categories as at 13th November 2020.:
- Junior category: under 14 years of age
- Young adult category: 14-18 years of age
- Adult category: 18 years and over
Winners in each category will receive a small package of prizes, including a copy of ‘Songster – Loughborough’s Own War Horse,’.
The Art competition will be judged by Liz Waddell, artist and illustrator of ‘Songster – Loughborough’s Own War Horse.’ (See www.lizwaddell.com)
Rules of entry:
All entries should be:
- A4 size or smaller (21 cm/8.25 inches x 29.5 cm/11.75 inches)
- The entrant’s own original work
- Not previously published or exhibited in any form, including online.
Entries which don’t comply with these conditions will be disqualified.
Only one entry per artist.
Amendments cannot be made to entries once they have been submitted.
Closing date for entry is midnight on Friday 13th November 2020.
Entries should be submitted by email as a jpeg document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to:
Remembrance Art Competition
c/o Charnwood Museum
Leics LE11 3DU
The email should include the following information:
- The name of the artist
- The title of the piece
- The category being entered into – Junior, Young Adult or Adult (please indicate the entrant’s age if under 18.)
- A contact name, email and telephone number of the artist (or an adult with parental responsibility if the entrant is under 18). If the entry is through a school, please also give the school’s details.
Best wishes with your artistic creation and good luck!